7 steps for Successful Software Outsourcing Projects
1. Define clear, measurable objectives
2. Get a realistic view, don’t expect quality to be the cheapest
3. Make it happen. Step by step:
- Select: get to know people, measure skills
- Transition: manage knowledge transfer and loss, refine process
- Manage cultural differences: Eastern Europe is your best bet right now, more expensive than Asia but safer
- Ramp up: initial projects are learning tools.
4. Manage risks by clearly defining:
- Ability to control
- Effectiveness in limiting risk occurrence
5. Objectively track and measure benefits
6. Use an effective outsourcing model
7. Start slowly build gradually
If you’re interested in outsourcing your software needs, just say email@example.com. Startups, SMEs or Fortune 500 companies, we have dedicated resources for each.